Friday, February 28, 2014

BETTER WAYS TO WEAR KILLING HEELS




The thought of publishing an article about heels brought back a memory of how I struggled with a pair of shoes I wore to church sometime in the past. Hahahahaha.....

My shoe customer had just returned from the UK and had called on me and my shoe-loving friend. Excitedly, we had quickly run to her place so that we could get the best shoes before a lot of people came. We did get the best. As we tried them on, I was already picturing myself in a pair of awesome sandals the next day which was going to be a Sunday.. Hmmm.

Sunday came and the heels were fair enough on my way to church as I was feeling fly and walking with so much grace, but not on my way back.. LOL

I could barely go halfway home before my legs got wobbly from a weakness I could not explain. My graceful walk of earlier suddenly  became disgraceful. The next thing I felt was a profuse sweat. You know that awkward moment when there is no heat but you are just sweating. I became frustrated.

My frustration turned into shame when some laborers and area boys around started laughing and saying, 'Sister, commot the shoe na, you just dey shake like jellyfish, you go fall o, Na by force? Sisi eko. One even said, 'Come, make I help you, ehya, see as her leg just dey bend'.

I got the urge to shut them up but then I thought, 'What if I fell in the process, who would help me stand?

Just then, I wished I hadn't bought those shoes.. #feel free to laugh at me#. Thank goodness, I succeeded in wobbling home but never wore those sandals again. ROTFL

You do not want to be in this situation really. And hey, if it had happened to you before, no big deal. Just learn how to do better next time with these tips......

Wear the Right Size.
Sometimes, because we love some shoes we want to buy them even if they are not perfect size. It could be a big mistake. If it is not your size, please, give it up. Go for perfect size if you want to enjoy your heels. Our shoe sizes change sometimes mostly after child birth. When they do, you should change to your new size.

Know Your Foot Type. 
Your foot type maybe the reason you feel pain or uncomfortable when you wear your heels. So try to know how much your foot is flattening or how high of an arch you have. This could help you make better choices in heels and other shoes.

Go for Platforms or Thicker Heels
Thin soles, most of the time, give you pain on the bottom of your foot and even cause your foot to wobble around which is not worth bargaining for. I know sometimes  dresses call for stilettos but hey, you could just make it occasional or avoid long distance walks in order not to attract unnecessary comments from area boys especially when you are not driving.

Give Your Feet a Break.
From time to time, kick off your shoes and allow your feet some rest and air. Stretch the front of you feet and the ankle. work on your feet in a way that you will get the Achilles’ tendon and the calf muscles more relaxed.

Do Shoes with More Coverage.
These are more comfortable. In fact, you could wear this kind of shoes for the whole day without any form of discomfort. Just know what works for you. 

Shoe Pads Work Magic Too.
These are products that market themselves for high heels. They are called metatarsal or ball of the foot pads. They are oval-shaped pads that go under the ball of the foot, usually made from a silicone gel. They help fight soreness under the ball of the foot especially if it’s made of silicone. It will hold your foot more steady in the shoe so your feet aren’t sliding forward as much. This could protect your toes from friction and blisters.

Leave flats or slippers in your cars or bags for times when your feet cannot take it anymore. It works for me. You can try it.

Please, you may not want to try these though...









6 comments:

  1. hahahahahhaha. HD, pele ooo. I would have helped if I was there. #grins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao!!! I have since taken a break...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more point I want to add is "use lotion or jelly on your foot when your shoes are a bit tight. It helps prevent sore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, my own point is 'do not wear heels when u are trekking on a rough road like Nigeria's', pere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But really, what is the deal about heels? You do women wear them when they actually feel pain? Some even lose all their smiles and pleasantness when they on those heels like say na by force. HD tell people y they should not wear heels pls, we are tired of seeing chicken legs all in d name of heels. Ladies, no offense a beg..justwalkingby

    ReplyDelete
  6. But really, what is the deal about heels? You do women wear them when they actually feel pain? Some even lose all their smiles and pleasantness when they on those heels like say na by force. HD tell people y they should not wear heels pls, we are tired of seeing chicken legs all in d name of heels. Ladies, no offense a beg..justwalkingby

    ReplyDelete

Translate