Wednesday, January 8, 2014

SWEET/BITTER LOVE??




Dear Friends,
A friend is in a situation and wants to know your opinion. Please read the full story and advise him.

"I grew up in a Christian home. Had my relationship life all planned out, in fact I thought I was going to end up with my first girlfriend as I did not want to have to date different women before settling down. But like the saying goes, 'man proposes, God disposes'.

My first girl whom I loved with my life did not marry me eventually. She had gotten so attached to a guy she called ‘just a friend’ that I could not bear it any more but had to break up.

Did I get involved with another woman? Oh Yes, I did, in fact I got involved with as many as 10 after her. Every one of them seemed to have the same issues; drama, indecision, too many male friends and sometimes, cheating.

I got tired of the whole situation of starting a new a relationship every now and then. My friends got concerned and decided I should look away from the so-called decent girls and try some with a touch of 'wildness', I am sure you know what I mean. At first, I was reluctant but on a second thought, I was like, ‘what a heck, it doesn’t kill, does it?

I decided to follow them to one of the clubs around. They particularly pointed me to the sexiest girl on the dance floor. Immediately I set my eyes on the girl, I started sweating, (please, note that I was not sweating because of the babe’s ‘hot bod’ but because I knew I would die young with that type of woman). She was the complete definition of beauty!

My friends must have pointed to her knowing that I would not want to talk to her but I decided to shock them as I walked up to her. Truth be told, I wished a vulture or some sort of beast would just carry me away as I said my first ‘hello’.

Fast forward to four months later, Anita and I became so close that my friends became jealous of me. I had completely fallen in love and she was all that mattered at some point and for the first time in years, I was in love and at peace.

We started talking about marriage. My parents, (both Pastors) were eager to meet my fancee. My mum was full of questions, one of which was, ‘so Ayo, where did you say you met this your fiancĂ©e again?’ looking straight into my eyes.

My heart raced and I just knew there was going to be a problem.

Innocently, I told them why, where and how we met and instantly I saw my both parents transformed into a tiger and tigress. The sweetness of earlier disappeared like dew on the appearance of the sun.

Bottom line is my parents don't want me to marry her because we met in a club.

I don’t want to leave the only woman that has made me happy in years.

Please, what do I do?

Should I ignore my parents and go on with the marriage?

Should I respect my parents and just let her go like that?"

What do you advise this fellow? If you ask me, I would say he should go ahead and marry the girl....

2 comments:

  1. Its a dicey situation. I suggest u make ur parents understand what you have been thru with d others. If they still don't accept, I suggest u go with d girl o . because what's d guarantee u will get some who really loves u like Anita?

    ReplyDelete
  2. marry the girl as long as she loves u

    ReplyDelete

Translate