Thursday, December 26, 2013

WHICH DO YOU PREFER???





Hey Friends! How did your Christmas Celebration go? Mine was awesome and fun-filled #winks# Don't bother about the details... Hehehehe

So I was just thinking about how some things were done in the past and how they have really changed over the years.

Do you remember those days when girls used to be referred to as roses and flowers when there was a marriage intention or proposal? When the man's parents and kinsmen would come to the girl's family and say lines like:
   "We are from Okoye's Compound, we saw a beautiful flower in your house and we have come to pluck it" LOL..( I can't imagine being plucked though, whoa!!)

The age of innocence, when the flowers were kept and watered diligently until they were blossoming. Hmmm .Such a wonderful time right?

Today, the flowers go around by themselves announcing to everyone who cares to know that they are ready to be toasted plucked... hahaahaha. Babes dey vex!!

Infact, a lady was like, "I got to water myself and show the men that I am here ooo, no dulling".

Interestingly men seem to prefer the self-announcing flowers. According to some guys, the Old School style is 'LOOOONG THIIIIING'.

But you, my friends, readers etc, which do you prefer? Do you prefer having to go with all your kinsmen before you start  running things or do you prefer the flowers come to announce themselves?






4 comments:

  1. The Bible says "...he that finds..." I think the former goes with the scriptures. Nice one Hazon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But lately it seems like the self announce flowers get the best men, I mean the big boiz in the country and abroad, by making themselves available to them at all cost.As a result of this men no longer have the patience to chase or search for the resevered roses. So even the reserved flowers now have to go out n announce themselves so that them no go carry last. *winks*. As for me I think a woman has to put herself in a level where would easily be noticed and plucked, (go to school, get a job, build a career, own a Biz etc). Gone are the days when men go looking for reserved flowers in their fathers compounds, they easily attracted to what they see around them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice write up.
    Would prefer going with my kinsmen to go and 'pluck' the flower. To me, it's going to be more FUN....

    ReplyDelete

Translate