Wednesday, November 12, 2014

2015 - JONATHAN DECLARES HIS INTENTION TO CONTEST IN 2015


After months of speculation, contemplation and consultation, President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, declared his intention to contest the 2015 presidential election. And with that, the presidential race has at least 10 presidential aspirants.

Although his declaration had instantly elicited caustic reactions from the main opposition, APC, which said by declaring his bid yesterday President Jonathan is insensitive to the plight of survivors and 47 school children, who were killed in a suicide bomb attack on Monday, he stands on his ground.

In a statement, he said:

“History has shown that the path of honour of a true leader is not to walk away from his people in the face of challenges. We must stand together in adversity and overcome the threat to our development. We must defend our future.”

According to the President, his decision to seek re-election was informed by many factors, adding that though the country under his watch has done well, there is still more room for improvement.

“So many things have inspired me in the journey to this moment. I want to appreciate ordinary Nigerians, especially young people for the solidarity shown me by contributing their meagre resources to enable me arrive at this point. I appreciate the kind gesture of the Miyetee Allah, the market women association who encouraged me by committing some funds to support me. In the same vain, I’m touched by the widows who also encouraged me by giving me their widow’s mite.

“Therefore, after seeking the face of God and consulting my family and heeding to the call of all people nationwide to run, I Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, have accepted to present myself to run,” he announced. 

He listed some of his second term agenda to include freedom of speech, helping women to occupy good sensitive positions, restoring the Northern Monarchy and States and reuniting Chibok girls to their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate