Monday, September 14, 2015

Miss Georgia is crowned new Miss America as 1984 winner Vanessa finally receives apology


Miss Georgia Betty Cantrell has been crowned the new Miss America. The pageant which held yesterday had 51 beautiful competitors out of which Miss Cantrell emerged the best. 

Following her win, she said:

'This is so incredible. I can't believe it. I thought I blew the on-stage question. I didn't know what he asked me. I am only the second Miss Georgia to win Miss America, and I am so happy to represent my state'

The pageant also marked the return of Miss America 1984 Vanessa Williams, who was back for the first time after she resigned her crown following a nude photo scandal.

Pageant executive chairman Sam Haskell apologized publicly to Williams on behalf of the pageant.

'I want to apologize for anything that was said or done,' Haskell told Williams as they stood on the stage. 'Vanessa: Welcome back!' More photos below..









No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate