Sunday, September 13, 2015

'I took my last heroin hit on the day I gave birth' - heroin addict


Rachel Warman, a heroin addict turned her life around after becoming a mum again after she took her last hit on the day her baby was born.
Rachel, 37,  who took heroin every day of her pregnancy, vowed never to touch the lethal drug again the moment she first laid eyes on daughter Mia.
After19 months, Rachel is clean living and has become a mentor for national alcohol and drug recovery charity Swanswell.

 “When Mia was born, I burst into tears and couldn’t stop apologising. I was so worried, I knew if she went through withdrawal symptoms then social services would definitely take her off me. But there was nothing wrong with her whatsoever. I couldn’t believe I’d used drugs throughout my pregnancy, and was determined I didn’t want to lose her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate